How Do I Start Reloading?
It really doesn’t take much to start you off on your reloading journey. All you will need is two pieces of equipment:
- A reloading press
- A set of Lee dies.
The good news is that dies and presses last a lifetime, so buying on what your budget allows makes the most sense.
The Basic Steps To Reloading
If you have no loading equipment and are just getting started, these are the basic steps that need to be taken:
1. Resize and de-prime the spent case
2. Prime the spent case
3. Charge the case
4. Seat and crimp (if desired) a new bullet.
Below you will find details on the extensive Henry Krank range of Lee reloading equipment. Click through to find further information on each product, view prices and availability.
Lee Die Sets
Lee dies are complete with powder measure, shell holder and complete instructions, including load data that tells you how much and what type of powder to use. We highly recommend Lee dies as they are the only ones that include a shell holder (except Lee RGB dies), necessary for presses to use the dies. Most Lee dies also include load data and a powder dipper that is appropriate for most loads on the data sheet.
We realise there are many different die sets to choose from. To make it easier for you, we have created a guide to what is included in each Lee die set to help you confidently pick the right one.
The above guide gives you links to each die and die set that Henry Krank offer. However, if you know what you are looking for, head directly over to our selection of dies to place your order.
Lee Reloading Press
A reloading press is worth the investment, as regardless of reloading, you will always have need for a simple press for odd jobs on your workbench. If you mount your press with the Lee Bench Plate, your second press is always at the ready. If you don't have a workbench, consider the Lee Reloading Stand, built for the ultimate in rigidity and convenience.
Below is the range of Lee reloading presses available at Henry Krank. Click through on each product to read more information, get prices and availability.
- Designed for a lifetime of the hardest use. Many advanced features. Reload 600 rounds per hour.
- Makes learning easy for the first-time user and great for fine adjustments or experimenting. You can start reloading good ammunition minutes after the press is bolted down. Change calibres in just three minutes. Maximum cartridge length 2 5-16 inches.
- Fully automatic. Change calibres in just three minutes. Reload 600 rounds per hour. Includes press, dies, turret, shell plate, powder measure, case feeder and priming system.
- Lee Classic Cast Press with baked powder finish and steel linkage for an attractive and durable press.
- Based on the proven design of the Classic Cast, the new Breech Lock series adds the quick-change die bushing. Rigid cast iron construction with all steel linkage. Durable powder coated finish with largest opening and the longest stroke in the industry.
- The world’s most popular hand press, more convenient than ever, now includes the Breech Lock Quick-Change Die Feature, so you can instantly change dies with just a twist of the wrist.
- Exclusive balance lever that can’t drop down to pinch your fingers. Unlimited hand clearance that only a "C" frame can offer. Works equally well with the right or left hand. Accepts standard 7/8 x14 thread dies and standard universal press shell holders.
- This press has all the features of the award-winning Turret Press with quality touches that make this the finest, most convenient press to own. The Classic Turret features the solid steel linkage of the Lee Classic Cast.
- Load your own shotgun shells. Available in 12g, 16g and 20g.
- Lee 4-hole Turret Press with auto index includes built in primer catcher and New Lever Prime System. Uses universal shell holder and standard 78x14 thread dies.
Lee Reloading Kits
To make things even easier, Henry Krank offer you the choice of several reloading kits that contain everything you need to get started.
- We have taken the world’s most popular Breech Lock Challenger press and combined it with the best accessories at a price less than what others charge for a basic kit. Highlights are the NEW Deluxe Perfect Powder Measure, Auto Bench Prime with priming tool shell holder set, Deluxe Quick Trim and a copy of the latest version of Modern Reloading, featuring over 36,000 loads for over 170 cartridges.
- This kit features the same components as the 50th Anniversary Kit, but we have replaced the Safety Prime with the New Auto Prime and a set of Hand Priming Tool Shell Holders. This kit is for those who prefer to prime off the press.
- Includes the new Breech Lock Challenger Press and one Breech Lock quick-change bushing. You get a complete powder handling system, with the most convenient and repeatable Perfect Powder Measure. Plus the Lee Safety Scale, the most sensitive and safest of all powder scales and fill your case with the included Powder Funnel. Also includes the large and small Safety Prime.
- Includes Classic Cast Press that accepts both 78x14 and 1 14x12 thread dies, 50 BMG 2-die set, Shell Holder, Ram Prime and Case Lube.
- The perfect portable reloading press kit. Begin reloading at once. No wasted time mounting to a work bench. Pack it all in the box when finished. Great for apartment dwellers or loading at the range. Includes Breech Lock Hand Press, Ram Prime, and Powder Funnel.
- The Classic turret press is fast and convenient when loading handgun cartridges, with rates in excess of 250 rounds per hour possible. The kit includes the Pro Auto-Disk powder measure and riser, perfect for all handgun and small rifle cartridges.
- The rugged Turret Press along with the Auto Disk Powder Measure, produce top quality pistol ammo in a hurry. A finished round with a few pulls of the lever. Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases.
If loading rifle cases, we recommend the purchase of the appropriate case length gauge to use in conjunction with the case conditioning kit that comes with the Anniversary, Breech Lock Challenger, Value Turret Press and Classic Turret Press kit. In combination, this tool ensures that cases don't get too long to cause potential pressure problems.
Further Information On Reloading
If you would like any further information on reloading before you get started, Richard Lee’s book entitled Modern Reloading, 2nd Edition is the place to find the answers to your questions. This guide summarises a lifetime of reloading experience, featuring over 36,000 loads covering 170+ cartridges, plus velocities for starting loads.
More information on reloading data for Hodgdon, Ramshot, Alliant, Vihtavouri and IMR powders, plus Sierra, can readily be found online and on our website. We have produced a blog post that pulls together all of this load data into one place.
Don’t forget you can also request your free copy of the Lee Reloading Catalogue from us when you place your next order.
If you would like any further information about any of these products, or have any questions about reloading, please get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to help you.